Monday, July 22, 2013

Lilla Rogers Studio Talent Search

This is my submission for Lilla's talent search. If you don't know of Lilla Rogers Studio, check it out. Lilla represents artists all over the world and has an awesome client list. I would love to make it into the top 50 shortlist, that is my goal for this competition. I really searched hi and low for inspiration for the playground theme journal, which was the first assignment. I have scanned lots of new textures lately, and I am having so much fun incorporating them into my illustrations. Below is the product of many hours and revisions. I wanted to showcase my strengths in character illustration, color, and hand drawn type. I am really happy with how it turned out and glad I set aside a lot of time to work on it.


This is some of my inspiration and quick sketches. I was really drawn to the more whimsical play structures, especially the flowers. I wish I had them to play on when I was a kiddo. This was such a fun project to work on and research! I can't wait to see the other submissions and what other designers came up with. Yay!