Friday, August 23, 2013

Global Talent Search Round 2

Here is my submission for Round 2. I am so excited to see what all of the other semi-finalists came up with. This was quite a challenge. I was really inspired by fall activities like picking apples, knitting winter essentials, hunting for wild flowers, mushroom identification, and just enjoying being outdoors before old man winter rolls in. Growing up on an apple orchard that was nestled up next to a redwood forest, picking apples and mushroom hunting were always staple fall activities in my family. I really liked the idea of picking wild flowers as well because it is the last chance you have until next spring. I wanted to show off some of my hand lettering skills, "enjoy today" just seemed like an appropriate saying ;)

I am really happy with the way that it turned out. No matter what the outcome, I am still thrilled to have made it into the top 50! It is truly an honor to have been picked and to have my work displayed with so many other talented people. Also, these challenges really gave me an opportunity to push myself and grow. I am still trying to make save up enough money to take Lilla's classes. If not the fall session, I will definitely make the spring session. Now that I have really narrowed my career choice to mainly illustration, I would really love to learn more about the industry. Below, I have added a few screen shots that I took along the way. Good luck to all the other semi-finalists!